1 1/2 lbs Lump Crab Meat
4 Cups Seafood Broth
1 Pan of Cornbread (or 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Bread)
2 sleeves of Saltine Crackers (4 cups crumbled)
1 Onion Chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
3 Tbsp Butter Salt to taste
- Make a pan of cornbread according to instructions if using Jiffy Mix (2 boxes), or one pan of your preferred method to make cornbread.
- Allow to cool, then crumble and set aside.
- Crumble 2 sleeves of Saltine Crackers by hand or via food processor and set aside.
- Sauté Onions and Bell Peppers in butter until tender.
- Add seafood broth and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, taste broth and adjust salt to taste.
- Place cornbread and crackers in large bowl and mix well.
- Pour in half the broth, add crab meat and mix.
- Add remaining broth and mix.
- Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350°-375° or until preferred texture.
Let the mixture cool and blacken the catfish filets. Place mixture on top of one filet and then place other filet on top. Heat cast iron pan with olive oil and place the catfish in the unit with the drawer being mid way on the unit. With a hot pan the catfish will cook from both sides with a time of 3-4 minutes. Finish with a optional compound butter and fresh lemon.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.